[vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”716″ img_size=”full” onclick=”zoom” css_animation=”left-to-right”][vc_column_text]< Back[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
IPV4 – Formation Saver Valve (FSV)
The IPV4 is a valve solution for ESP completions designed to protect the formation from damage when the ESP ceases to pump.
- Independently installed below the ESP, the IPV4 automatically opens when the pump is in operation and closes as soon as backflow activates the piloting mechanism.
- A lock open facility gives the option to carry out intervention operations below the IPV4.
- Normally-open ball valve
- Normally-closed flow-sensing flappers
- Non-elastomeric sealing designed for life-of-well longevity
- Intervention lock-out feature to allow reservoir maintenance without the need for valve removal
- Rapid closure due to finely tuned hair trigger prevents fluid column reversal
- Normally-closed flappers act as debris catcher preventing sand/solids returning to the sandface
- Maintains a fluid-filled completion for ESP startup without the need for surface top-up
- Allows upper completion workover whilst maintaining fluid level within the well
- Intervention lock-out feature allows reservoir maintenance without the need for valve removal
FSV Data Sheet